A day at the Airport

December 27, 2019
Santiago to Puerto Montt, Chile

My flight arrived 19 minutes late and Scott’s flight was on time. We ran into each another at baggage claim, and he collected his bike before I did. Customs officials took my 3 apples and made me fill out additional paperwork. By the time I got to the departure gate, I was told that it was too late to board the flight. I was put on an even later flight to Puerto Montt than Scott. 

Scott’s bike box was mangled and his tent was falling out through a large hole. My accessory box also had a large tear leaving my gear exposed. We had our boxes plastic wrapped and worried about the luggage bar codes that were now covered. We exchanged dollars for pesos and had a nice breakfast and plenty of coffee. Neither of us had slept well. We updated our plans, since Scott would now be arriving in Puerto Montt before me. The goal was still to make it to Caleta La Arena. 

We saw numerous travelers with bicycle boxes at the airport. The airline staff was extremely friendly. Scott headed through security while I waited for my flight. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carretera Austral Day #15 Villa O’Higgins to El Chaltén, Argentina

Introduction

Heading south by bus Day #2 Glacier walk at Perito Moreno