Carretera Austral Forced Off Day Puerto Rio Tranquilo
January 6, 2020 Puerto Rio Tranquilo Forced off day due to mechanical problems Tour Total Pedaled 784.36km I slept great in my bed in the cabaña at Cabanas Paraiso. My clothing and equipment was dry in the morning. I got up at 7:30am, and woke Scott at 8. His laundry was still wet, so he created a drying rack above the gas stove while I went into town for breakfast. The town uses thick pieces of rope stretched across the highway as speed bumps. It was cold out today. Most of the businesses were still closed, but I managed to find a cafe where I ordered scrambled eggs with toast and butter, and two machine made cappuccinos. Scott took forever, so I used the time to edit and publish old posts. I then went back to the hamburger place which, although closed, had excellent WiFi from out on the front porch. There were a lot of backpackers and hitchhikers here. People were waiting for rides in both directions at either end of town. Numerous tour ...

Comments
Post a Comment